FuranFlex award winning lining technology is made from a glass fibre reinforced thermosetting resin composite. This means while the liner is flexible during instalation, it is as strong as steel upon completion and also resists corrosion better than steel liners.
FuranFlex liner is available for gas and oil systems in diameters from 50mm to 1000mm and for wood/solid fuel systems from 100mm to 1000mm diameters. FuranFlex liner has been developed to mould to the shape and run of the exsisting ducting and can also be installed in any diameter and any length without any joints making it completely gas tight, water-proof and corrosion resistant. Because it is commonly installed within an existing duct it usually removes the cost of ‘breaking in’ and restoration.
The FuranFlex restoration technology is a revolutionary and proven lining system specifically engineered to tackle a number of lining problems and is perfect for all types of heating, ventilation and drainage applications, commercial or domestic.
FuranFlex is patented and has been developed over the last 20 years and used for lining chimneys and ventilation for the last 15 years. It has been independently tested and certified in 28 European countries with over 3 million metres of FuranFlex installed in chimneys. Since the introduction of FuranFlex to the UK market, just 2 years ago over 1000 installations in all types of heating applications have been completed.
FuranFlex has been tested by BSRIA, Certified by BBA and listed by HETAS and is backed by a 25 year manufacturers guarantee which in turn has a unique insurance backed guarantee for complete confidence.
FuranFlex provides a rapid and efficient solution for all heating, ventilation and drainage applications.
- Fuel gas and oil, wood and pellets
- Operating temperature in flue gases >450 °C
- Cold resistance -50 °C
- Wall thickness 2-2,5 mm
- Diameter 50-1000 mm (optional within this range)
- Length (optional) 3-81 m (minimum and maximum length installed so far)
- Corrosion resistance Very good for acids pH 1-7, Good in respect of pH 7 – max. 12
- Density 1,5 g/cm3
- Tensile strength 100-150 N/mm2
- Thermal conductivity 0,4 W/m K
- Coefficient of thermal expansion 2,4 x 10-5 m/m K
- Angle of distortion 30° max.
- Flame resistance at 1000 °C 10 minutes
- EU classification (EN-14471) T250 P1 W3 R1 050 E
Furanflex Installation Video